Wednesday, June 16, 2010

no bake cookies!

Okay, So i figured I would start off with a cookie since they are my favorite midnight snack:) I actually chose no bake cookies because sometimes I just hate heating up the kitchen during the summer by turning the oven on! Plus. They are just yummy to begin with and they take like 5 minutes to make!

Chocolate No Bake Cookies
Ingredients:

* 2 cups granulated sugar
* 1/2 cup evaporated milk
* 2 tablespoons cocoa
* 4 ounces butter
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1/2 cup chopped pecans
* 2 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats

Preparation:
Combine sugar, milk, cocoa, and butter in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla and chopped nuts. Add oatmeal and stir to blend thoroughly. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper. Makes about 4 dozen no bake chocolate oatmeal cookies.

Im not personally a fan of nuts, so I just skip that step!

No comments:

Post a Comment